Saturday 16 January 2010

Coca cola phone

How cool is this little idea? I’ve drastically cut down on how much coca cola I drink since I started studying med and realised the awful state it leaves your teeth in! Yuck! But how about using coca cola as fuel for a mobile phone?



The basic idea is that the cylindrical shaped phone unscrews at one where the coca cola can be poured in. The phone essentially runs on a bio battery that produces energy as glucose molecules that are then digested by certain enzymes to produce hydrogen ions, which combine with oxygen to form water. The power for this conversion is produced by a flow of electrons between a cathode and an anode, a similar format in most other fuel cells.

It has to be said that this is NOT a working model, but I do believe it is a much better use for coca cola. What a quirky little idea! I love it, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment