Saturday 2 January 2010

Letter

Dear _ _ _ _,

It’s over. I spent a long time thinking hard about this decision but I feel it’s the right one to make. There have been times when you have promised to visit and then barely stay and it’s even worse when you don’t bother showing up at all. I can’t tell you how disappointing that is for everyone; waiting to catch a glimpse of you, only to have their hopes dashed.

Nevertheless it is not all bad as you sometimes show up unexpectedly, surprising everyone with your infectious good nature. But these moments of joy are only fleetingly and you end up outstaying your welcome. People become fed up with your constant presence, interfering in their everyday lives and disrupting the natural balance. I mean it is all fun and games at first and everyone is in good spirits, but then you just end up wearing us down and we can’t go on like this.

I am deeply sorry but I’m moving on, we are all moving on. I hope we can still remain friends and see each other from time to time as it would be impossible to completely cut you out of our lives. One last thing, please don’t be upset if you hear rumours about me with someone else. We will always have our memories together and some good ones at that, but I am moving on and I am looking forward to a fruitful new relationship. Please do not spoil it for me as I believe Spring and I will be very happy together.

Goodbye Snow. I wish you well :)

Kindest regards,

Saims

1 comment: