Saturday 30 January 2010

CBB winner

I honestly don’t watch Big Brother (BB) anymore, not after the first few series and I couldn’t even name the last few winners - that’s how much it’s dropped off the radar. But what with it being the last Celebrity Big Brother (CBB) this year, I thought I’d give it a go. I mean it’s not going to last the whole of summer like BB usually does, CBB only lasts like 2 weeks or something doesn’t it?

Anyway I’ll admit my favourite to win was Dane Bowers and I did think he had won it. DJ Basshunter aka Jonas was my second favourite to win but not very likely, so it was a bit of surprise when Alex Reid actually won! After all the controversy surrounding him (I was indifferent, lol), I really didn’t think the public would vote for him to win. The country went mad when Peter and Katie announced they were splitting and post divorce you were either Team Price or Team Andre. After her divorced, Katie went back to the jungle (where it had all begun with Peter) to gain ‘closure’, but the public hated her and made her do every single bush tucker trial whilst she stayed there, lol. Therefore by that same token, logic says that Alex Reid, the guy dating Katie would get treated the same way and probably wouldn’t get very far on CBB.

But who would have thought it? The man who was booed in, ended up being cheered on his way out and being declared winner of CBB. How unpredictable are the public? I have to admit it was a good watch this year and Dane, Jonas and Alex had some excellent moments in the house; Dane’s ‘nightmare’, Alex’s tanning session, Jonas’ ‘romance’. Even though Alex is a great guy, I still think Dane should have won. In the exit interviews, Katie made an appearance saying that she’s misunderstood by the public and clearly she only dates good guys (i.e. Alex current and Dane and Peter her ex’s), which made me laugh and begs the question; why would you leave a good guy? Lol. Anyhow in the interviews everyone discussed their plans after leaving the house and talked about this and that… until they got to Dane. Dane just sat there and said he had no idea what he was going to do after leaving the house and because he’s such as sweet guy, I think everyone had the same response and simultaneously went ‘Awww, how cute!’
Dane Bowers :)

Trending topics on the night just showed how popular CBB was this year!


Anyhow the point of this post was because I just wanted to talk about Dane Bowers really. And to be honest, I don’t really remember him when he was in his group ’Another level’ but I do remember his solo singles with Victoria Beckham etc. That’s about it really and so I suppose my liking is not really based on much, lol. I must however apologise for this post taking an unexpected turn towards Katie Price and her weird lifestyle. Normal service will resume shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment