Tuesday 16 December 2008

Blog changes...

Hmm so as you can see I finally made the decision to continue blogging (um, yea?!) but moved from my old Windows Live Space to blogger.com. In my defence, I was only a beginner and windows live seemed perfect at the time :)

However after a quick and informative tutorial with Imran Bhai, I’ve now been convinced to switch to Wordpress. Already I feel much better about switching and can see the vast difference between windows live spaces and wordpress; poor comparison I know! Plus I get a lot more freedom on what appears on my web page and how I can customise it compared to blogger.com. Is it sad that I’m having a lot of fun playing around with different themes? Damn you Wordpress! I should really be doing some background reading on brain neurology for my MSc project but I can’t tear myself away from my blog :D

Also I’m quite surprised I decided to make the switch relatively quickly as it usually takes me a while to make such decisions. Though I’m suspecting this might be more to do with Imran bhai’s knowledge and skills of persuasion than a new state of mind :P Still I will be taking advantage of this change in force by starting a new culling program. The deletion/ deactivation of useless profiles and social networking sites that I joined; sites like Hi5, WAYN, Bebo spring to mind (sorry if anyone still uses these!)

I guess I’m clearing away the clutter for the new year if you will :)

Next question -

What's in a name...

...well apparently quite a lot.
After updating my blog, buying a shiny new domain name (thank you Imran bhai!) and finally choosing a theme I like... I cannot think of a decent name to call it, lol.

So my newly revived blog; what should it be called?

“Saima’s Space” – what I originally had
“Saima Say’s...” – which I quite like but have certain ethical issues i.e. Plagarism... I just can't do it! :P
“Saima’s Science” – which was a friend’s suggestion but now I’m not so sure if he was being serious or taking the mick! :-/

Or something entirely different that doesn't involve the alliteration of my name, lol.

Ah naming issues. Discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment