Tuesday 21 April 2009

Scary extremes in society

Tweenbots - I like the idea of these guys wandering around the city with the rest of us.
5 Psychological Experiments That Prove Humanity is Doomed.

Tweenbots are little robots wandering around a big city recording their journey as they go. Surprisingly they found that if the robots got knocked down or stuck somewhere, people would stop to help them. Cute isn’t it?

A little while later, I then read the following article...


Depressing title I know but I was intrigued. Some of the experiments do make you wonder what you would do if you were in those particular situations. But what struck me as odd was how the articles are complete opposites of each other, with regards to attitudes in society. Helping robots – sure; helping people – err, pass?!

So as the article advocates; are we doomed as a society?

(Sorry, I just love being melodramatic sometimes :P)

1 comment:

  1. FlowerPowerApril 22, 2011

    Psych experiments were interesting

    ReplyDelete