Friday 18 September 2009

Head hunted

I remember when I first heard that term and thought it sounded a bit brutal for something which is essentially nice thing to be considered for. At no point in my life did I think I would be headhunted, especially not like a job like this…
There was a whole job specification outlined but I cropped it out. Way to boring :P


I had to ring the lady back and inform her that I was back at university after my placement year and she was all like ‘Oh, you’re just medical student? Ah I’m sorry…’


Usually I wouldn’t mind that comment, as she was just stating facts but it was the inflection of her voice when she said ‘just a medical student’ and sympathising for poor choice of career. I felt like saying, ’Woman, this studying malarkey is pretty tough you know!’ But as you probably already know, there is no way that I would say something like that.


Clearly I’m overly sensitive today (urgh!) so I’m glossing over the ‘just a student’ thing and be pleased with the fact I was considered for the role. I especially like the salary – that could definitely be put to good use ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment