Sunday 13 September 2009

Baking with Bilal

With the my dissertation completed, I finally got the chance to chill out with my family. I fancied doing some baking and rather shockingly, Billy decided to join. I made a pasta bake, a couple of quiches with different fillings that Bilal helped to decorate, bless! We also made some pretzels - can you tell which ones are mine and which are Bilal's? lol With the leftover dough, I thought I'd leave Billy to it to see what he came up with. After cutting a tray full of round biscuits, Bilal got bored and started to try different things. My favourite thing has to be when he made our initials for all of us; A for my sister, an S each for my father and I and a Y for my mother. After he arranged them on the baking tray, he called me over to place the tray in the oven. I couldn't help but laugh :P I think he enjoyed our baking session - whether it was the actual baking or the fact that I hadn't spent that much time with him lately, who knows. But I'm glad he did and makes me think that I should do this sort of thing with him more often :) Afterwards Billy even helped with the washing up - I almost fainted from the sheer shock of it all, lol. All in all, a good day :)

3 comments:

  1. ASS - hahaha I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling either you or Shiraz would be the first to comment on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi! Boys don't go belong in the kitchen. Child labour that is. SHAME.

    ReplyDelete