Wednesday 1 September 2010

Bilal’s first day

Today is my baby brother’s first day at his new school. I say baby but he is actually 11 years old and is starting high school. Dad dropped him off for his first day, as he didn’t have enough time to have a trial run of his bus route, since we returned from our holidays. He looked so smart in his little blazer and also a little nervous as many of his friends had gone to different schools depending on their location and if they had any older siblings in their chosen school. Easier school runs for the parents I guess. Bilal unfortunately didn’t get his first choice of school which was Dixon’s Academy and I think that knocked his confidence a little bit. His second choice was Bradford Academy, which he did get a place at and from the reports and other parent reviews it seems like a great school and much better than some of the other choices. His third choice was Grange Technology College and I’m glad we didn’t have to consider them as (knowing what I now know of the school in my short time there) I don’t think he would have coped very well. He is just not an ‘innit’ boy (thankfully), lol!

A nervous looking Bilal off to school with dad. Bless!

Picking him up after his first day at the new school. Looking a lot happier than he did this morning :)

Pictures taken a few days later, when I picked him up from school again and had a few errands to run. I know I just can't help myself. Family members will notice that Billy's layers of clothing seem to be decreasing as the photo's go on. It's a issue I know! ;)

So Bilal’s back at school, dad’s back to work, mum’s unpacking and rearranging the house and my classes don’t start still the last week of September/ beginning of October. I am currently revising as I have exams to do as soon as semester starts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment