Tuesday 31 August 2010

Dangerous driving

One thing I noticed whilst abroad was the total disregard drivers had for one another, driving around as if there were no rules. The last time I went to visit my extended family in Pakistan, was the first the first time I had been back since passing my driving test and starting university. I thought it would be fun to hire out a car for the duration of our stay and I could take my mum and my khala out and about rather than waiting for the availability of the drivers in the household. Turns out this idea was silly many accounts; 1) I'm a girl, 2) I'm from abroad (dad was worried about me being kidnapped I think) and 3) Pakistani driving rules are very different from British... which in other words means they do no exist! Besides my last trip was vey short and so there hardly seemed any point in all that extra hassle of hiring cars and so forth.

For this year's trip, well with the first two points I could perhaps persuade my dad, but the last point - boy was that a winning argument! Everyone seems to be so angry all the time and no one has any conception of waiting for their turn. And don't even get me started on car safety!!!

[insert picture of pakistani car]

I'm glad I live in Britain and even though we have our fair share of angry drivers on the roads, I still feel much safer here.
 

A lot my family have BMW’s. Is this a sign? :P And in other related news...

 



Now who’s a show off?

No comments:

Post a Comment