Saturday 24 January 2009

She wants to kill me!

Ok I have to admit that my cousin Sara may be right. The TomTom woman (also known as the voice Jane) is trying to kill me! I have the Alton Towers incident that we had last year behind me but for the past few weeks, driving back from Manchester, my dad’s TomTom is being evil.

My last few journeys have included the instructions – “turn left here”, which is fine. Except I was on the motorway at the time and turning left would have meant that I would crash through the barriers and end up in the River Calder! I had to give Dad his Sat Nav back eventually and my parents bought me an early birthday present – my own TomTom. Really kind and thoughtful of my parents as I have been travelling to different places quite regularly for my MSc project and hate getting lost and being late.

So off I went with the new sat nav, programmed in my destination, all fine and my journey ended with the voice telling me I had reached my destination… in the middle of busy dual carriageway. Erm somehow I think not! Only two incidents, but it has made me a bit dubious of Jane. What have I done to upset her? Is my TomTom just evil? Do I need to get a blessing done or something? lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment