Monday 11 December 2006

Xmas hols – helping begins

Christmas holidays are here once again and once again Dad made promises of doing some DIY in the house and once again I’m still not convinced he will get round to it, lol. Don’t get me wrong I love my dad dearly, though at times he does test me and I do have a lot of faith in him - shocking I know! - but he always seems to get caught up working or helping someone out or this or that.

I know I’ll probably get really tired of waiting around and I’ll do the work myself. Just in case your wondering, my dad still complains about the hallway saying how he would have done a better job and actually if I’m totally honest he probably would have. My dad’s a perfectionist as am I, but to be fair he has had more practise over the years :)

But you’ve gotta give me some credit, I took the initiative - actually scratch that mum practically forced me to do it! I um… made the effort to do some DIY on my own and err, it doesn’t look that bad. In fact, I’m quite pleased with myself so :p

So far in my hols I’ve managed to help dad fix leaky taps in the other houses, plaster ceilings and a few more odd jobs but nothing in our own sweet home as yet. Since I swapped rooms with mum and dad, I’ve been wanting to get rid of the huge monster fitted wardrobe so I’ll have more room for all my rubbish as dad calls it, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment