Sunday 31 December 2006

Eid/ Saddam Hussain

Eid this time round has been a quiet affair. We didn’t really feel like celebrating seen as what happened last Eid. Some people say she had such a good kismat (fate) to pass away on such a special day, the day of Eid and she was such a blessed person. On the other hand, I know I can never forget that day and what we all went through, what Aishi went through. I mean I don't think I could ever forget but whenever I see other people out there celebrating Eid, it will always bring back what we had to go through. I just know it will never be the same again and that sucks.

Looks like this Eid was also a bad time for some other people. As I’m sure many people are aware of Saddam Hussain being hung on Eid day and if you didn’t where the hell have you been? I’m not saying he was a saint as he did some pretty awful things during his time in power but to take another life is not something I agree with. I mean killing him didn’t bring back all those that died at his hands and some people might say that he should have been made to suffer or perhaps kept locked up to induce some sense of remorse for his wrong doings. I DO know that it was distasteful to hang him on Eid as its something I didn’t expect just the same as I wouldn’t expect the them to say, hang a Christian on Christmas day, it's just not an acceptable thing to do, but then again neither is hanging someone so what the hell. Hmm the world we live in :(

No comments:

Post a Comment