Monday 26 October 2009

Wedding invite

A friend of mine recently got married and it was a lovely day. Unfortunately some of her family abroad couldn’t make it to the ceremony and as there was a delay in the wedding DVD, she decided to place bits of the wedding video online. Whilst searching for it, I come across a plethora of wedding videos, first dances and what not. I have no idea why this particular one stood out and I’m sure many will think that there are better videos out there. Whilst watching it I just thought what a way to make an entrance - a fun couple for a) having the initiative to do it and b) for getting their family to join in :)

Also whilst we’re on the topic of weddings, I might as well mention a few other bits and bobs :)

First up a paper clipping of someone’s wedding announcement wedding announcement. It’s such a different way to announce your wedding compared to the other announcements in the paper. It definitely brought a smile to my face reading their story. Knowing how the couple got together makes you feel a part of it and makes it a lot more personal. So cute! :)

Flicking through the articles online, I found this. So the writer’s main focus of the article was on Kate Moss and the number of celebrities that were present at this wedding. However it was the final two pictures right at the end that caught my eye. How many weddings have you heard of where the bride and the mother-in-law wear matching outfits? Isn’t the general rule assumed to be that you do NOT upstage the bride on her wedding day?

Also I love listening to guests that give the newly wedded couple advice on how to build a successful marriage. Social scientists have felt the need to add to this barrage of advice by conducting some scientific research. According to this research, wedded bliss only lasts a year after which the magic fades – which let’s face it, is kind of depressing isn’t it? The article states that if you make it past the 3 to 5 year mark, then they may be some hope for the couple. Personally I believe life is what you make it. Running along this same train of thought, another article suggested that accepting misery and conflict is a key part of a happy and healthy relationship. So I guess the take home message there is that it IS good to argue... err sometimes.

I have to say this latest article is perhaps my favourite so far. Experts have discovered that the key thing is for men to have a smarter and younger wife (who is preferably not a divorcee); if they would like to have a long and happy marriage. Switch the situation around however (older woman and younger man) and the odds are not in the couples favour. Ooh err, somewhat sexist and ageist? Honestly, I cannot wait for the next new piece of social research, lol. :)


1 comment:

  1. Tempted to do a funky dance for my own wedding. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete