Saturday 12 August 2006

Summer Hols/ DIY

Dad and Bilal left for Pakistan for these summer hols on the 2nd August and it feels a bit weird without the pair of them around the house, but in a way it’s nice to spend time with just mum and Aisha. No stressing or running around after Bilal etc, it’s nice just to enjoy each others company and have some time to ourselves.

Took on the huge task of swapping rooms with dad as my room is the quietest (apparently). Also although both rooms are a similar size according to my dad, I have a lot of crap (I don’t think so!) and since his room is larger (only slightly), I’d be better off in that one. So whilst dad is off on his hols, I’m swapping our things around. I’m having to go past Aisha’s bedroom lugging furniture etc and every time I’ve passed her doorway I always manage to catch this funny look in her eyes. It’s the one that makes me doubt myself and think that I may actually be as weird as Aishi thinks I am. She has this way of making you feel like a complete nutter and that she’s the only sane person in the room… which was probably true at that moment in time.

It’s funny how much stuff we collect over the years without realising and everything seems to be all really really important and you can’t throw it out… ever! OK so I admit it, it turns out I do actually have a lot of stuff but at the same time my dearest daddy also has an equal amount of stuff but the difference being his is really important or so he reckons. I found invoices of things he bought from the year I was born. Why does he need that anymore?! Actually thinking about it a lot of the men in my family are hoarders… must be a genetic thing, lol.

I couldn’t handle shifting anymore stuff around so I decided to take a break. Currently I’m covered in dust (due to moving dad’s stuff that hasn’t been shifted in years!) and sat with Aisha who’s making weird faces at me which either a) she thinks she’s being funny or b) she wants me to leave her room as I’m making it look untidy -
the latter being much more likely although our Aisha does think she is a funny funny girl! Had a talk with mum and discovered that she wants us to decorate the hallway (Translation: she wants ME to decorate the hallway) before dad gets back as it will be a nice surprise fro him. Did my parents not learn after how long it took us to wallpaper the lounge last summer?! Mum and I can’t even agree on a colour for the walls at the moment (I want light blue but then again I don’t really care and mum wants light pink… eww, never gonna happen!) Other stuff aside from the decorating to look forward to (urgh) is Ashar bhai’s wedding at the end of August. Yay!

Right I’d better get back to lugging stuff around. I’ve managed to dismantle my bed and now need to put it back together otherwise I won’t have anywhere to sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment