Wednesday 16 August 2006

Independence

Happy Independence Day to both Pakistan and India – a bit late I know but what the heck!

I bet my little brother Billy had a wicked time – they always make a big thing about it in Pakistan and I’ve always thoroughly enjoyed it whenever I went abroad during my summer hols.

Just thinking about how some countries are celebrating their independence after fighting so hard for it all those years ago and then there are countries that are struggling to find their feet after going through such a major upheaval within their country … referring to places such as Iraq if you haven’t already guessed.

Anyway looking forward to Ashar’s wedding on the 31st of august the second family wedding this summer. Honestly I’ve waited ages for at least one of my cousins to get married and now all of a sudden two happen at once. We planned Sana’s for ages but I think Ashar’s was a big surprise; not that he wasn’t ever going to get married, but more along the lines of that he never dropped any hints that he was planning it!

Right off to go do some work now… not quite sure what though, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment