Friday 11 August 2006

How time flies...

I still can’t grasp how quickly times goes by! Just a few months ago, I had so many things that needed to be taken care of before the summer finished and the year came to an end. Waiting to hand in my dissertation, end of my final year at uni, the graduation ball, my graduation day, family weddings, hols abroad and so on.

One of the things this summer was my cousin Sana’s wedding, which felt like it went on forever, lol. But then again she was the first one to get married out of my generation plus it was a whole lot of fun and it certainly kept the family busy.

12th Nov 2005 – Nikkah (Islamic wedding ceremony)
24th June 2006 – Registration (Requirements of British law)
27th July 2006 – Mendhi (The equivalent of the hen night)
29th July 2006 – Baraat (The wedding reception from the Bride’s side)
30th July 2006 – Walima (The wedding reception from the Groom’s side)

I will eventually get round to putting up the pictures I took at the wedding up on my flickr website at some stage and even if I don’t plenty of my other family members have done so already!

No comments:

Post a Comment