Thursday 19 July 2007

Pakistan

A last minute trip to Pakistan, tickets are booked! I leave on 24th July and due back on the 13th August with my mother, whereas Bilal and dad get to stay until 6th September, soo not fair! This has been my shortest trip abroad ever; working people only get a limited number of holidays... my god how I miss my student days :P

I partly don’t feel like going this year as it’ll be my first time without Aisha and I don’t feel like leaving her behind. But at the same time I miss some of my family in Pakistan, my Khala, Iqbal bhai, Fari baji and all the new kids that have arrived since my last visit, which was a good 6 years ago. One of the special new arrivals is a little girl called Aisha, born on the 23rd October 2006. It’s like one Aisha left and another Aisha arrived; not that they’re interchangeable in any way, shape or form.

I’m also looking forward to the good weather as it has been raining non-stop so far. Ah that’s the British summer for you. And here I was thinking that global warming would give us milder winters and warmers summers :P So yea I’m hopefully off to sunnier climes this holiday season, but before that I need to tie up some loose ends at work and get some packing done. 2½ weeks to see all my various family members and get a decent amount of shopping done! Hmm it’s gonna be a busy couple of weeks...

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a fab time huni! You deserve it :)
    x

    ReplyDelete