Thursday 14 June 2007

New job

I got a new job working as a Pathologist as part of a clinical group based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. Daunting to say the least, my first graduate job but the staff seem friendly enough and Harrogate is actually quite a picturesque place. It also helps that Abbey (from uni) already works there and it’s always nice to see a friendly face :) The only thing that slightly shocked me was the vast contrast between the towns. Going from the Leeds/Bradford area; which does have a fairly few asian people milling about, it has to be said, to the Harrogate area, which is predominantly white. Spotting an asian person is like spotting “Where’s Wally?” lol. Also the one hour drive to and from Harrogate kills me, especially in the morning. But thankfully car sharing with Abbey doesn’t make it so bad, I get to catch up on my sleep on the way there... obviously when Abbey is driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment