Monday 19 March 2007

Mother’s day

Mother’s day, emotional day to say the least. But what really struck me was at how quickly my little brother, Bilal, has grown up and I didn’t even realise it! Past years have seen more of the family attention diverted to Aisha, but not once did Bilal ever act up. Instead my baby bro, accepted the situation and actually became a great help by always staying cheerful and helpful, mashAllah.

As Billy get older, he’s becoming so much more aware of the world and gets especially excited at family holidays and occasions. So Mother’s day was a big thing for him. I got mum my gift as usual but Bilal wanted to make breakfast by himself (bless!) had a go at vacuuming the house and even went to extent of cleaning his own room and seriously cleaning Bilal’s room is just.... YUCK!

So as well as Mother’s day being a special day for mum, it also made me realise what a sweet little boy Billy can be :) I may not share with him the same level of understanding that I had with my other sibling, but I hope one day that will change, despite the age gap. The relationship I had with my sister is irreplaceable but I look forward to the day, where the big sister-baby brother thing we have at the moment, will be replaced with a more understanding relationship between Bilal and I, inshAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment