Monday 26 February 2007

My Birthday

Argh, I’m old! Or getting there anyway, lol. Today of all days, I had a yucky cold and still had to go to the IPI for training. It was a lab day though so not all bad. I was very out of it otherwise I would have noticed the mass whispering going on around me... which later turned out to be a little surprise party, gifts from Liz and just general good fun which really cheered me up. Definitely had a lot of giggles today, especially when Urvi and Sarjil told me that I looked very similar to Shilpa Shetty. I’m pretty sure this is because she’s in the news quite a lot lately due to the big race row on Celeb Big Brother this year. Careful not to use the word “famous" as I don’t really think Shilpa has earned that tag yet? Famous for being a victim of a racist, hmm...

After getting home, my younger brother, Billy gave me a birthday present for the first time on his own, without any of Aisha’s or mum’s input. Guess there are gonna be a lot of firsts for me this year; my first birthday without Aisha for a start :( Billy got me a little necklace with the word “Sister” inscribed on it, which was sweet. I think he got to show me how he much he loves me; but it ended up making me cry and reminded me of what I’d lost over the past year. So yea the day got off to a shaky start but ended good. Feels fabulous to be reminded of how much everyone loves and cares for you. One of the things I love doing is reading through all the thoughtful messages, emails and cards that get sent. A big thank you to everyone for their good wishes and blessings. I may still be ill but feeling truly blessed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment