Wednesday 24 May 2006

Information technology

I love using technology but I also have issues with computers;

1) Useful programs i.e. Endnote and SPSS – Really useful programs especially if you are writing up your thesis or writing up papers on a regular basis. Just so damn hard to get to grips with in the first instance and bloody expensive license fee especially if your still a student like me!
2) New technology – Looking into buying a new laptop. Sony looks like a good choice but really expensive. Apple computers seem to be taking over but they don’t seem to do a right lot apart from act as a music library… which windows also does in addition to other useful (not to mention compatible!) programs. I’ll sure there are plenty of people out there ready to jump to up and defend Apple. But I'm just saying how I feel people, lol.
3) PC usage – So you’re at university, you have no laptop - low battery, forgotten it at home - whatever the reason, you wonder into the computer centre, uh oh! Let me explain, computer centres at uni are always busy during the day and the crowds only start thinning out when uni’s done for the day – about 5ish. Basically good luck finding a computer if you have some work that you urgently need to get done. Ok so some people are doing genuine work but most aren’t. Unwritten rule of the PC room, you don’t ask anyone to vacate their PC just because their Facebooking or whatever – it’s just not the done thing. Therefore you spend the next hour or so wondering desperately trying to find a free seat.

Oh by the way, I doodle. It’s my thing. Not sure why but I just do. Just thought I’d share :)

1 comment: