Wednesday 10 January 2007

Bilal’s Birthday

Bilal’s 8th birthday! May god bless him with success and happiness everyday of his life (iA). It’s funny how small things can make little kids so happy so I’m guessing it’s just as we get older that we become all bitter and twisted like certain individuals that I know... sorry, dangerously leaning towards a ranting session there! lol. So what's new with me? Ah yes, I've started the Bio2work graduate training programme at the Institute of Pharmaceutical Innovation (IPI) at the University of Bradford. The training lasts till end of March and it’s a chance to update my scientific skills whilst I look for a new job. It’s a shame I had to decline my last job at the Bradford Royal Infirmary (BRI) as a pathologist as I quite liked the place. But after October I couldn’t bear to work there what with all we had been through with Aisha. But I guess everything happens for a reason and plus being at the IPI, I’m still close to these rest of my girls that are graduating this summer after taking a placement year out.

I felt like taking a break from studying this year what with all that has happened these past few months. Plus I’ve been studying non-stop since my academic life began and so this year I plan to work and earn money before going back into med school next year (iA). I guess it’s better to just take some time out and relax… a bit like a gap year except I’m taking it on the other side of my degree. Well, people have always said that I like to do things differently :)

Abbey started her new job at the beginning of January so congrats to her and Dina and Marya were suppose to join the IPI but decided not to. The group of people at the IPI seem like a nice bunch but it was nice to see a friendly face at the IPI. Elizabeth (Liz) had decided to join and even though it’s only the second day I’m glad I have someone to talk to. Liz has decided to apply for med school this year and she’s doing the training to prevent boredom I guess and oh yea go on and find a decent job, lol.

Well I hope these next three months go smoothly and this group of people at the IPI don’t turn out to be awful :( Starting to
have flashbacks of the BBC series “The Apprentice!” (eek!)

No comments:

Post a Comment