Wednesday 12 April 2006

The 80’s

Apparently if you grew up in the late 80’s early 90’s (which I did) then this list will apply to you. These lists never reply work for me, but some reason this one did.. well most of it did. My answers are in green and I wrote pass on the ones that didn't apply to me. So you know you grew up in the 80’s when...
1. You used to buy cassette singles… and still have some stashed somewhere…
Yep I did, and still have them safely tucked away in a cupboard :)
2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton

*Whispers* Yes, yes I can
3. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.

Pass
4. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.

I know what the Baby-sitters club is but I never wanted to be in one, so pass.
5. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls (or your sister did).

Pass
6. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom

Pass
7. Two words: Hammer Pants

Ok I saw those on TV
8. You watched "Fraggle Rock".

Pass
9. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and spokey-dokies or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect

Pass. I never got the hang of riding a bike. I know, I know... Oh the shame!
10. You watched "Duck Tales" (Woo ooh!)

Yea I did.
11. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.

Yep. Live & Kicking with Zoe Ball and Jamie Theakston and The Saturday Show.
12. You (your sister, cousins) wore a ponytail on the side of your head.

Not me personally, but my cousin's did, lol at Saba and Sara.
13. You saw the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the big screen..and still know the turtles names.
Yes, but only because my guy cousins were obssessed with it. So there was Michealo angelo, Donatello, Rafeial, Leonardo. Can't remember what the rat leader was called but the reporter was April.
14. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.

Err, no. Pass
16. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.

Thankfully, no. Pass
17. L.A. Gear....need I say more?

Pass
18. You remember reading Tales of a fourth grade nothing and all the other Judy Blume books.

Yep I do :)
19. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"

Ah Mister Miaagi from the Karate kid :)
20. You wanted to be a Goonie.

Pass
21. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe)

Urgh, pass
22. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.

Yes I can.
23. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.

Err, yes I did actually
24. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.

Lol, yep!
25. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.

I still do sometimes. Shame!
26. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.

Yes and I really wanted one :( Ithink that's the only time I ahve been jealous of my cousin Fari bhai, :P
27. Barbie and the Rockers was your favourite band.

No. Pass
Text Colour28. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up.

Yes!
29. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.

lol, yes I did. Childhood eh?
30. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"

Lol,. Man that got annoying after a while.
31. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"

Um, no. Pass
32. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.

Pass
33. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.

No, lucky me! Pass.
34. You have ever played with a Skip-It or Elastix

Yes I did. They were fun weren't they ;)
35. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.

Pass. Had huge parties at home instead.
36. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.

At times :)
37. Don't worry, be happy

Totally love that song!
38. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.

No. That was on trend I decided to avoid. Pass
39. You wore socks scrunched down

Yep
40. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.

Err, no. Pass
41. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.

Yes, I still watch em' everytime they come on.
42. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"

Er, no. Pass
43. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and & My Little Pony Tales
Yep, I had the bags, lunchboxes etc
44. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
Who? Pass
45. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
Err, pass
46. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB"
No :( Pass
47. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class.
I watched a few episodes here and there but no, not really. Pass
48.You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
I do now :)
49. You just sang those words to yourself.
Lol, yes I did
50. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.
Pass
51. Homemade Levi shorts.. (the shorter the better)
Pass
52. You remember when mullets were cool!
I don't remember many mullets around where I lived. Pass
53. You had a mullet!
No, thank god, lol. Pass
54. You still sing "We are the World"
Yep :)
55. You tight rolled your jeans.
Nope. Pass
56. You owned a bannana clip.
Yep
57. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?"
lol, yep still do!
58. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
No. Pass
59. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!
:)

See what I mean? Soo, how many apply to you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment