Sunday 16 January 2011

Henry’s Crime



I didn’t even know he was in UK, let alone scheduled to be on TV – even though I’m not obsessive but maybe my crush is starting to mellow even further? My cousin (the one who originally introduced Keanu into my life, lol) texted me to say he was on TV right now and I thought he was being funny as usual. But he really was on TV! Keanu Reeves was on the Graham Norton Show, but sadly I missed it and had to wait until they uploaded it onto BBC iPlayer to watch it. He was so funny and entertaining (bless him!) and I am totally not being biased as my cousin also agrees with this, lol. You can see the Graham Norton interview here.

He’s over in the UK at the moment to promote his new movie ‘Henry’s Crime’ which is being released in Europe before America. Firstly I like that we get to see it before America and secondly, how bad do I feel for realising that he had a new movie coming out? Clearly I am a horrible fan! He mentioned that he’s going to be living in the UK for the 7 months or so (yay!) as he’s shooting a new samurai movie called ’47 Ronin’. I may plan a trip down to London (Hello stalker Saima!)… which would be pointless as I would never approach him anyway. Meh!

January 14th was the release for his new movie ‘Henry’s Crime’ which he produced and starred in … and I was rather tempted to go on my own as I really needed a break from university. Thankfully I didn’t have to go on my own as my lovely cousin Sara accompanied me (Thank you Sara!!!). I enjoyed the movie (like my opinion counts, clearly I’m biased) but it left a few questions unanswered. Post movie we had lunch at Frankie and Benny’s and then went to pick up Bilal’s birthday cake for his party the following day.

So yes, I got my Keanu fix but he does seem to be popping up everywhere lately – being interviewed on various radio stations including Radio 1, on early morning BBC news, as a guest on the BBC’s ‘The One Show’ (where again he was funny and charming), on the Graham Norton Show as well as a fair few of his movies being shown on TV such as Constantine etc.

One topic that kept reoccurring in all his TV appearances was the 'Sad Keanu' phenomenon that happened back in June/ July last year. (See this last post). Every single time he got that question, without fail he was charming, smiled and answered as if he had never heard the question ever before. He stated that he wasn’t really sad, he was just having a sandwich and yes, looking back it does seem pretty funny. And credit to him as I know I would have got annoyed answering the same question repeatedly knowing that it nothing to do with the real reason of why he was there. Bless him!

No comments:

Post a Comment