Friday 5 November 2010

Halloween

‘Trick or treat? A penny or a sweet?’

It’s not a proper holiday, it’s not even one of the English ones and still everyone makes such a big fuss of it? I’m not bitter, I just find it odd. Also since when did companies start getting into the Halloween mood?

Too scared to open it?! Whatever!

I think Halloween is perfectly summed up by this Oatmeal comic.
I ended up going over to visit family as I had completely forgotten and only remembered when I saw trick or treaters arriving at their door. Which then made me panic, clearly we were not in our house but if no one came to answer the door, how likely would it be that we would get egged? Very likely! Crap!

Thankfully we came to find we had been saved, others were not so lucky and that’s the thing that annoys me. Those people that egging people’s house etc are not the young kids who have made an effort with their cute little costumes and are accompanied by responsible adults. The ‘eggers’ are usually moody teenagers out to cause mischief and mayhem, usually to the detriment of others.

Anyhow I spent the rest of the night, watching the variety of horror movies that were being shown on TV that night. Happy Halloween everyone :)

P.S. As an aside, another Oatmeal comic – should science be taught this way? Well, you would definitely remember it, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment