Wednesday 2 June 2010

How to get more hits on your blog

...apparently! Do you need tips on how to blog? Well, I wouldn’t worry anymore as there are plenty of helpful people out there :P I see my blog as a means of expressing my views, talking through things that are in my head and just a bit of fun really. I’m not a serious/ professional blogger – if there even is such a thing! However, recently I got a list of what I suppose are guidelines on how to err, blog successfully? I’m pretty sure it was not a spam comment as I can’t imagine all spam comments being so long! It sort of feels like having your work marked in high school, lol. So here’s the edited version of the “rules”, with my comments in brackets…

1. Don’t copy and paste content. (I didn’t, honest! I can assure you, this rubbish belongs to me!)


2. Have categories that make sense. (My categories don’t make sense? Really? I didn’t think they weren’t that bad to be honest. Fear not, I shall go back and reassess)


3. Make yourself accessible to directories and search engines (fair point)


4. Have regular posts (Um, Yes, ok, I will try harder, lol)


5. Don’t have long posts/ paragraphs. Break them up into a series. (Ok, I PLEAD GUILTY! I do do this. So sorry for the long rambling posts you’ve had to endure!)


6. Be interactive; use different widgets (Err, I’ll try harder?)


7. Allow linking. (Is that bookmarking? Also does it mean I should link to others or other people should link to me? If it’s the latter, I can’t force people to link to me, lol.)


8. Don’t delete negative comments (I don’t. Have you seen the abuse I get from some people? lol)


9. Comment on other blogs (Guilty. I do read other blogs regularly but never comment. Will try harder)


10. Don’t use generic comments like ‘Great post!’ (I don’t, please see ‘rule’ 9)

Um, thank you for your advice. I think. I have to say I also quite like these alternative ‘blogging rules’ as well.

Blog: The Other McCain
Post: How to get a million hits on your blog in less than a year

No comments:

Post a Comment