Sunday 14 September 2008

Bilal

I decided to write out some of the conversations that I have with my younger brother Bilal as they often make me laugh and sometimes he does say some intelligent things, lol.

We’re both sat down at the dining table having dinner;

Bilal: “Baj, you know how you can run fast and if you put your hand on your heart, you can feel it. Why does that happen?”
Me: “Well the heart is a bit like a pump that pushes blood around the body. It uses a lot of force and you can hear it if you listen with the right tools. Sometimes when people don’t look after themselves (i.e. bad diet, no exercise) they get poorly and that changes the heart sounds.”
Bilal: “So if they knew all that before, they wouldn’t do it would they? But they don’t get a second chance do they?”
Me: “Yea, I know it's sad but that’s life. You’re very lucky if you do get a second chance”

Bilal’s lost deep in thought for a while and then says..

Bilal: “So what we really need is a back-up plan. Like two hearts in case one is faulty”
Me: “I suppose. But we should really take care of what god gave us in the first place”
Bilal: “Yea but just in case… you know like Dr Who!”
Me: Smiling… “Yea exactly like Dr Who. Good idea”

I love the fact that my brother picked up something from what he watches on TV. Even if it was Dr Who, lol.

He later went onto describe how we should be able to go into shops and buy what we need for our bodies. I think in his head he had some sort of organ cloning shop. I asked him if that would be wrong because we’re not valuing what God gave us and just think we can replace anything and everything. He went quiet and replied with “Well if God didn’t want us to do that then he wouldn’t have told our brains how to”. Fair point - so that’s me told then, lol. I think Bilal would definitely be in the pro camp for organ cloning and the like ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment