Wednesday 5 November 2008

Remember, remember the 5th of November...

...or the 4th of November in this case :)

So finally the 4th November finally arrived. The conclusion of what seemed to be the longest running election campaign ever and oh my word, there were times when it felt like it would never end, lol.

I’m really not that interested in US politics or any politics for that matter, but for some reason I couldn’t help but get sucked into watching the election night coverage. It resulted in me educating myself on the US voting system and watching the live coverage online; which ended up with me staying up until five in the morning. So many times I thought about giving up and going to bed but I just couldn’t tear myself away! It was history in the making – the first black president could possibly be elected tonight and that was something that I did not want to miss out on.

Currently as I write this, I feel very sleep derived but I feel like it finally paid off though and was genuinely pleased that Barack Obama won. The 44th President of the United States, a black president no less and he won by a significant margin.




Congratulations Barack Obama, here’s hoping you can make a positive change :)

P.S. Side note – Bonfire night tonight! :)

3 comments:

  1. FlowerPowerApril 22, 2011

    U like politics?! Sorry but we can't be friends anymore! jk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well u learn something new everyday :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saims + politics = weird. Weird but good ;)

    ReplyDelete