Wednesday 24 June 2009

Missing family

For the past few weeks, I’ve been missing my family members a lot lately and feeling a bit out of touch. It feels like it has been ages since we all got together and had a good catch up. I mean we all have Facebook, Twitter etc but nothing beats having a proper conversation face to face. The only exceptions to missing family are Saba and Sara – actually if I haven’t seen or spoken to those two for over 2 weeks then that’s pretty good indication that something is seriously wrong with either myself or them. If this ever happens, please call 999… things may be at a critical point and backup may be required :P

So yes I’m missing my family and it definitely makes me appreciate them a lot more. I share the good, the bad, basically everything with them. Ok so we don’t live in each other’s pockets and we all appreciate our own space, but what I’m trying to say is that it’s a really weird feeling when I haven’t seen any of them for a very long time (and by that I mean months). I for one, am glad that we all get on well with each other and hope we continue to maintain or better the level of understanding and friendliness in our relationships both now and in the future (iA).

I’m not sure why I’m missing everyone so much these days. It might be because I’m currently in the process of writing my thesis, so maybe I just need a time out to clear my head and feel refreshed. Or maybe it’s because in previous years, I usually end up going abroad for the summer holidays. Or perhaps it’s because usually around this time of year we usually have at least one family wedding, so we all end up meeting each other there. (I think that was a subtle enough hint right? :P)
Ah who knows? Anyway better get back to some serious work ;)...

No comments:

Post a Comment